Spring Cleanup Day

Our spring cleanup has passed for this year. This is an annual event. Try Googling Chippewa County Recycle to get rid of large furniture, construction debris, etc. Or take your items to the Barron County Incinerator. See below for "Other Recycling Options"

Garbage and Recycling:

NOTICE: If you do not get a Tax Bill from "Village of New Auburn" or a Utility Bill from "New Auburn Utilities" the garbage/recyclables cannot be dumped at our dump. Sorry, for Village Residents only [Village Residents = must have their primary residence inside the village corporate boundaries: Tenants can utilize the dump if renting a home inside the corporate boundaries].

Garbage Bins are provided to VILLAGE RESIDENTS ONLY! Village residents can take garbage and sorted recyclables to the Village dumpster site located at 130 E. Elm St.


  • Wednesdays from Noon - 5:00 pm
  • Saturdays from 8:00 am - Noon
  • Some CLOSURES for Holidays

Please use the correct dumpster, the recycle dumpsters are labeled on the front. Plastic bags are not recyclable.

Leaf and Brush Pickup


Leaves & Grass Clippings

Your leaves and grass clippings shall be taken to the Compost Site. Please pick up a key at the Village Hall, 130 E Elm St. Typically, the season runs May 1 - Oct 31.

Reminder: The compost site is ONLY FOR LEAVES AND PLANT MATERIALS! NO containers, boxes, or plastic bags should be left at the compost site! No brush, tree limbs are allowed at the site. See 'Brush' below.


Brush chipping is seasonal, typically May - Sept. Due to the weather changes brush chipping will be scheduled earlier this year with two chippings in April 2024.

2024 Brush Chipping Schedule

  • April 1, 2024
  • April 15, 2024
  • May 6, 2024
  • May 20, 2024
  • June 17, 2024
  • July 15, 2024
  • August 19, 2024
  • September 16, 2024

Please place branches large end out to the curb. Note: Any brush chipping taking longer than 15 minutes will be charged back to the resident at the chippers going rate.  NO HOLDBACKS on brush - brush piles attract animals, rabbits, birds, etc. and do not have a good appearance for the community.

Construction and/or Demolition Materials

For Village Residents Only: Disposal of demolition materials is the responsibility of the owner. Roll off containers can be obtained from local disposal companies such as Waste Management, Inc. 1-800-782-7347.  NO construction materials will be accepted at the dumpsite.

Aluminum Cans for a Cause; You Can Help!

Your aluminum cans make a difference in our community! By dropping off your aluminum cans at the Village Recycling area at 130 E Elm Street, you can help the New Auburn Park Fund! All money raised from this fundraiser is donated to the Boy Scouts of America, locally.

Fire Burning Permits

Burning permits are required for the New Auburn village residents. Burning is allowed ONLY by permit with the New Auburn Fire Department. Burning brush, leaves, or scrap lumber all requires a burning permit. It is unlawful to use burn barrels or incinerators for burning garbage, at any time. Permits are issued by an officer of the New Auburn Area Fire Department, phone 715-237-2103.

Recycling Guide: Tips to Help in Preparation!

  • Rinse cans, jars, and bottles – recyclables are not stored in plastic bags, rinsing reduces the odor and reduces the number of insects that are drawn to the decaying food.
  • Metal food cans, and aerosol cans (remove plastic caps). Labels do not need to be removed. (Labels such as Campbell soup labels are used for fund raising by local schools - recycle them too!)
  • Glass bottles and jars (green, brown, and clear) (remove caps, rinse clean, and do not break). Labels do not need to be removed.  DO NOT include window glass, light bulbs, mirror glass, ceramics, and other glass.
  • Plastic (collapse bottle, rinse and remove caps) include #1 through #7, commonly found on bottom of soda bottles, milk jugs, detergent bottles, etc.. DO NOT include motor oil containers, toys, or plastic wrap.  (Milk caps are used for fund raising by local schools, recycle them too!)
  • Corrugated cardboard and gray cardboard should be collapsed flat and cut into 3 ft x 3 ft pieces.
  • Please contact your local schools and non-profit organizations for donation possibilities. Certain product labels, milk caps, printer cartridges, etc. provide many fund raising opportunities for them. Non-recyclable bowls and magazines may be used by various classes for craft projects.

IT’S AS EASY AS 1…2…3…  (Separate into two bins)

  1. Paper Recycling Bin:
    • JUNK MAIL,
  1. Commingle Recycling Bin:

Village Residents: Drop Your Recyclables at:

130 E Elm St
New Auburn

Place in the dumpster site located East of the Village Hall, along with your garbage.

Where To Take White Goods?

WHITE GOODS  are typically appliances such as refrigerator, stove, microwave, televisions, etc.

  • Appliances may be collected on a pre-arranged basis with Waste Management, Inc.  Call 800-782-7347.
    Chippewa County also offers a collection site twice a year. They can be reached at 715-726-7999.

Other Recycling Options


Chippewa County offers disposables of hazard wastes including paints, etc. twice a year. A flyer is available at the Village Hall or log onto the Chippewa Co website.

Waste Tire Program
Contact at 715-726-7999.

Fluorescent Bulb Collection Program
The Local hardware stores provide a bulb collection program for a small fee.  The following provide this service:

  • Jacobson’s Hardware, Chippewa Falls
  • Horton’s True Value Hardware, Chetek
  • First Choice, Eau Claire

Electronics and Appliances
Electronics and Appliances can also be taken to First Choice located in Eau Claire. Call them at 715-833-2005. Fees Apply. Call 715-833-2005 or their website is